Your source for free career building tools and freeware
Business Card Sizing Examples
The PCman's Business Card Size Examples
You can put anything you want on the cards. However, the space is limited, so using the measuring bars is an easy way to ensure your cards will correctly print.
You don't necessarily have to use the entry spaces for the purposes for which we originally intended. As long as the card is no longer and no wider than the measuring bars, your print job will turn out fine. Also, be sure that the measuring bars are touching each other in the corner and are not pulling apart. See the example pictures below.
If any of these issues occur, below are several solutions to correct them.
What if the size is wrong?
- Reduce the number of words or letters on each line of your card.
- Reduce the number of lines. Write your details so they are compact. Use fewer stop words like a, an, the, etc. to shorten your sentences.
- Reduce the size of your fonts by selecting a lower-numbered font for one or more areas on the Fonts page.
- If you made your text bold, try changing the font-weight to normal. Bold letters are larger than normal-weight letters. Uncheck the Bold checkbox.
- Also, some fonts are more compact than others. You can experiment with different fonts selected from the drop-down menu.
- The logo, if you choose one, occupies card space. If it is too big it will affect the positions of the elements on the card. Choose a smaller logo, a logo with a more appropriate shape or, have no logo. You may also print double-sided and put your logo on the back.
The Correct Size
An Example of an Incorrect Size
Please enjoy this new feature. Please visit often.