Your source for free skins for winamp media player
How to Install Winamp Skins Tutorial
How to Install Winamp Skins tutorial the winamp skins we provide don't require anything special to install them, simply follow our easy instructions to install any of the many skins we have available.
The winamp skins and skins we offer for download can all be manually installed by following the step-by-step instructions.
Use our simple tutorial to learn how to install winamp skins. The how to install winamp skins tutorial explains how the winamp skins are copied to your computer so you will know how to install them yourself. Now lets proceed to with our how to install Winamp skins tutorial.
Install the Winamp Skin Files
- Skins are downloaded as a .zip file which must first be scanned using a virus scanning program. After scanning unzip it to a temporary folder you can create on your desktop.
Inside that folder you will find a .wsz file for a classic skin. For a modern skin you will find a .wal file or a folder with many files inside.
- If you have downloaded a .wsz or .wal file you can simply double-click it and click Yes to install it.
- The .wsz file or .wal file is then copied to your C:\Program Files\Winamp\Skins\ folder.
- If you downloaded a modern skin you will need to copy the folder full of files to your C:\Program Files\Winamp\Skins\ folder manually.
How to Use Your New Winamp Skin
- Start the Winamp player, if there is an Options menu present click that, choose Skins, then select the skin you wish to use.
- If you don't see any menus right-click a blank place on the body of the player, choose Skins from the right-click menu. Select the skin you wish to use.
- That's all there is to it and all without buying any programs.