Your source for free career tools and tutorials
Resume Education Section
Resume Education Section: Incorporate the most valuable assets of your educational history into your resume in your attempt to impress the hiring manager so they hire you for the job.
As you supply your information about your educational experience
in this section, you are given the opportunity to highlight the most meaningful and credible degree and certification programs in which you have participated.
Resume Education Section
Resume Education Section Assistance
There are several adjustments that you may want to include while compiling your education section to emphasize certain criteria that various employers may prefer.
As you begin to review your personal information and fill out this section of your resume, take note of several guidelines that employers are expecting you to follow.
- Always list the most relevant or upper-level education that you have received that seems the most appropriate. If you have attended a form of higher education, you should not include your high school on the listing. However, if you have participated in a Master's or Doctorate program, it is customary to list your Undergraduate degree so that employers can observe your qualifications.
- As you are listing information about the schools that you have attended, be sure not to include too much data.
The name of the school, the city, and the state where it resides are the only forms of information required.
- The next step in the creator program is going to need that you describe the degree type or certification program that you have completed. Make sure that you fill in, as specifically as possible, what you have been trained to do because it is in this area where mistakes are easily made. A good example of how mistakes begin to take shape during this section of the resume is through the misuse of abbreviations. You must be certain that when you are listing a certification as an abbreviation that what you are shortening is what you wish to represent. Often people will believe that they are using the correct terminology when they are representing something completely unrelated!
- After you have entered the degree or certification, the program will then ask you to provide the dates in which you were enrolled in the school. List the time frame in a manner such as September 2002 - May 2006. If you are listing a program in which you are currently participating in, display the information differently: September 2011 - Present: Expected May 2015.
- Next the program will come to the "Other" section of information. It would help if you used this section to describe the specifics of your training and education. In what did you specialize? In what did you excel? If your GPA is one of your strengths, list it here.
Listing the order of your education history is easy with the Free Resume Creator program. If you should decide that you wish to adjust the order of your history after you have already entered your data into the boxes, don't worry! There is no need to delete and re-enter your information. Simply select the drop-down box next to your entry and choose the position number in which you would like the data to show.
The Free Resume Creator
program allows you to quickly and simply edit and change your professional portfolio. Your resume must impart your training history to the reader, as it demonstrates how credible and well-informed you are in your field of study. So get started filling in your resume education section right away.
Please enjoy these new career resources. Please visit often.